Welcome to the Transforming Power Fund’s grants portal. Before applying for a grant, please watch this video tutorial and review our frequently asked questions. Once you are ready to begin your application, click on a grant opportunity below; you can save a draft and return to your application at any time.
Note: Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
Deadline: June 28, 2021 @ 11:59PM EST
Resting Power grants offer respite and restoration to grassroots social justice organizations who have stretched their internal capacities to meet their communities’ needs throughout the COVID-19 crisis. The goal of this fund is to invite staff and volunteers from grassroots social justice organizations to temporarily release pressures related to their COVID-19 response work, and prioritize care for themselves. Funding will be distributed as grants of $5,000. Please review the grant guidelines before applying.
To begin your application, please click the ‘Apply’ button below. If you already have an account, please sign in to access your application. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create a free account with a 8+ character password. After you begin your application, you can save your work by clicking “Save Draft”. You do not have to complete your application in one sitting.
You will be asked to upload responses to the following proposal questions:
- Describe your COVID-19 response work: What was the need, and how did your organization, initiative, or collective respond? (500 words or less, or 4-minute video or audio response)
- How do you plan on using this grant to facilitate rest, joy, and/or personal freedom for yourself and/or your team? (500 words or less, or 4-minute video or audio response)
You will be asked to provide the following financial information:
- Project budget that details how you and/or your team plan to allocate grant dollars
- If you are applying as an organization: 501c3 Letter of Determination, or a fiscal sponsor/fiduciary agreement letter and their 501c3 Letter of Determination
- If you are applying as an individual: Letter of Support from your employer and a completed IRS Form W-9 for the individual who will receive funds. NOTE: Grants awarded to individuals are considered taxable income. If you conducted COVID-19 response work with your nonprofit employer, your employer may accept funds on your behalf; please include their 501c3 Letter of Determination and/or fiscal sponsor's information.
- If you are applying as a collective: Letter of Support from the collective and a completed IRS Form W-9 for the individual who will receive funds. NOTE: Grants awarded to collectives are considered taxable income. The individual who applies on behalf of a collective will assume the tax liability for an awarded grant; we recommend that collectives apply as an organization by securing a fiscal sponsor.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an automatic receipt. Your application is not considered complete until you receive a confirmation email from TPF staff. You will receive a confirmation email within 5 business days. All applicants will be notified of a decision within 30 days of the application deadline. Funding will be dispersed to selected organizations shortly after.
Written, audio, and video responses are accepted. If these options are not accessible for you, please contact Mary Naoum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-241-0414, and your application can be dictated over the phone.